Not to brag or anything, but I’m pretty awesome at eating pumpkin seeds. Once I start, I can’t stop, so it’s a good thing they’re healthy.
There are so many endless flavor possibilities when it comes to pumpkin seeds, but my favorite way is to load them up with spices. This is less of a recipe and more of a suggestion. The quantities are approximate since I didn’t measure any of the ingredients, just eyeballed it, so tailor it to your own tastes and experiment with other variations.
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Before you make these, set the pumpkin seeds out overnight so that they dry out from all the moisture from the pumpkin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place pumpkin seeds onto a sheet pan. Drizzle oil over seeds and mix until they’re all coated.
- Toss with spices and salt and mix until evenly coated.
- Baked for 20 to 30 minutes or until the seeds have dried out and just beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then store in airtight container.