First pumpkin loaf of the year! And I’ve been waiting all year to make it.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and oil until well blended. Whisk in pumpkin, honey, and milk until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top has cracked and is beginning to brown.
- Let cool in pan and store in plastic wrap.
It’s officially fall! I know it technically has been for the past couple weeks, but I use baked goods to classify the seasons, with pumpkin bread being the official mascot for fall.
This bread needs no words – it perfectly encapsulates the season and it’s just as comforting to bake as it is to eat. I can’t wait for it to really get cold so I can snuggle up in a warm blanket with a slice of this bread and a steaming mug of tea on a lazy Saturday morning.