…make cookies! Ginger cookies with Pumpkin Spice Kisses, to be exact. Of all the seasonal Kisses, these are one of my favorites – the white chocolate perfectly takes on the flavors of the pumpkin spice. And paired with a rich, soft ginger cookie, it’s the perfect fall treat.
Ginger Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies
Makes 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 48 unwrapped Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses, plus more for snacking
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add molasses, egg, and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter/egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out dough using a teaspoon and roll into balls. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges just start to brown.
- Immediately press a Pumpkin Spice Kiss into the center of the cookie. The Kisses will melt as they sit in the cookie. Once the cookies have cooled, tap them down on a flat surface to smooth out any bumps or air pockets in the melted chocolate.
- Let cool until melted chocolate is firm and no longer runny. Store in airtight containers.
These cookies perfectly capture the essence of fall. The molasses in the ginger cookie adds a deep, rich flavor that enhances the spices in the dough. The Kisses, when melted, become creamy and delicious, and even though they have pumpkin spice, the white chocolate really provides a nice balance against the spicy ginger cookie. They stay soft for days, thanks to the melted chocolate and the molasses in the batter, not that you’ll have to worry about that, because you’ll want to eat all of them as soon as you take them out of the oven.