And then for those times you want to be good for breakfast, it doesn’t get much better than these. These really are healthy – no gluten, no eggs, low fat, and low sugar.
Eat a handful of these for breakfast and then treat yourself to a cupcake for dinner. You gotta have balance.
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Muffins (20 of 750)
Adapted from 750 Best Muffin Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury
Makes 12 muffins (30 minis)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gun
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed in 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and spices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flaxseed, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in carrots, raisins, coconut, and walnuts.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tops are just turning golden. Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool. Store in airtight container.