Peanut butter and chocolate chip – need I say more?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins (49 of 750)
From 750 Best Muffin Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury
Makes 48 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, peanut butter, and butter until smooth. Whisk in milk until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are firm at the center and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
These are the perfect kind of muffin – fluffy and soft, with just the right amount of sweetness from the chocolate. They’re amazing straight out of the oven, but are even better a day or two later, when the peanut butter flavor becomes even more pronounced.
On top of that, they’re so quick and easy to make, you’ll have an entire batch ready in under an hour. To be honest, the hardest part of making these is trying not to eat all of the peanut butter out of the jar. Come on, I’m not the only one with that problem, am I?