I may or may not have devoured half the pan of these today.
Oh, who am I kidding, that totally happened.
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
Makes 1 8×8″ square pan
- 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 10 oz. bag of marshmallows
- Line an 8×8″ square pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and combine until melted. Turn off heat.
- Pour Lucky Charms cereal into pan and stir until the cereal is completely coated with the marshmallows. Press into the pan and let cool before cutting into squares.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
In my defense, they’re really, really good. And I mean, cereal is good for you and marshmallows are basically just air , so really, I was probably actually burning calories eating them. And the longer they sit, the more likely they are to get stale and gross, so really, I was just thinking ahead and sparing myself the pain of eating hard, stale marshmallow treats. You’re welcome, self!
I used a larger ratio of marshmallows to cereal because I wanted them to be extra sticky and marshmallowy and gooey and that was probably one of the best decisions I made all week, aside from eating all of these at once. That was the actual best decision I made all week.
There are no regrets where Lucky Charms are involved. You just have to dive in headfirst and remember to brush your teeth afterwards.